Mrs Laing came into our class to teach us how to create inquiry questions for our ‘We are Kelston’ topic.
We worked collaboratively in groups and participated in a range of tasks:
- Compare West Auckland to South Auckland
- Use Western Leader articles to find facts about West Auckland
- Read viewpoints about famous West Aucklanders
- Draw or write facts about landmarks in West Auckland
- A whole class art brainstorm about West Auckland
WALT use information to create inquiry questions about Kelston.
- Questions where the answer is not on the internet.
- Open ended questions – multiple answers
- Based on Kelston, West Auckland
Here are some students working collaboratively in mixed ability groups.