We have had an awesome start to the term. This week we started our new Inquiry topic which is Enterprise. Firstly, we looked at Financial Literacy to gain an understanding that spending your money now will affect you in the future – budgeting, spending wisely, and saving.
The students are now learning how to become young entrepreneurs. We watched some episodes of ‘Shark Tank’ and ‘Dragon’s Den’ for some motivation. The students have decided on a good or service that they would like to create for their own business. They are now in the process of making a business plan.
Some important questions they need to think about:
- What makes your idea different?
- How will your products/services stand out from the competition?
- Why will people want to buy?
- Who will your customers be?
- How will you get your word out about your business?
- How much will you charge? What are your competitors charging?
- How much will you make on each sale after you subtract your expenses?